Monday, April 22, 2013

It's Monday, and I've been slacking on the readin' ...

I feel like I slept all weekend long.  I went to a parade - Sebastopol's (California) Apple Blossom parade - where my grandson was participating with his preschool.  There's nothing like trying to get to another town in the morning in time to catch your grandson...the traffic...the parking...we were actually lucky.  We found parking in store parking lot, very close to the beginning of the parade.  My son drove and let us out while he looked for parking.  we got down to the sidewalk just in time to see my grandson in the bed of the pick up truck,
where he was kind of just looking around until he noticed me.  Then he shouted out "Grandma!!!!"  Very loudly.  Precious, I felt so good.  Then he saw his grandpa, and then his cousin, who I was holding.  He shouted out our names (or titles). 

 We were worried that my son was going to miss him, but it turned out that he parked and walked straight to the sidewalk, then down to where we were so he was able to see his son and call out to him.  We didn't stay much longer, because it was getting hot, my husband's back was bothering him quite a bit.  My granddaughter wasn't sad about leaving at all - she just cared about seeing her cousin.  So we left the parade kind of early and ended up coming home, where I proceeded to nap the day away.
I tried to read - slept.  Ate lunch and tried to read again....slept.  woke up and walked around a bit,  the husband took our granddaughter home and got our grandson ready to go to a baby shower (where his cousin was going to be) and I slept some more.  Woke up for dinner and then tried to read a bit more when....guess.  No really - guess!  I slept some more!  Then I ended up going to bed at around 1130 - ended up awake - wide awake.  Watched Saturday Night Live...and then slept.  
Sunday was  pretty much a repeat - without the parade.  I read, dozed, ate, dozed, tried to read, dozed....and now it's 3 a.m. and I'm wide awake.
Of course, now that I've decided to post this, I'm feeling sleepy....


Hosted by Sheila of Book Journey - It's Monday is all about sharing what we've been reading.  I'd say more, but I'm tired now.  ;)

On my last Monday post, week before last, I had just finished reading The Burn Zone.  I had
two weeks in a row of reading three books.  Wow.  And now I'm back to my new normal of one book a week...except that this past two weeks, I ended up reading only one book...
The one book I finished reading was a book I didn't even have on my radar for reading...

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins.  I finished it, enjoyed it for the humor in the narration.
It was very hard for me to concentrate on this with the crap goin on in Boston (my youngest son has recently moved to Boston)

Things have been resolved there (as much as possible), my son and his love are safe and happy, We're all as healthy as possible and I have started reading
The Midnight Blue-light Special by Seanan McGuire.  
On the Kindle, I've downloaded and started reading Payoff by Alex Hughes
and
Penny Dread Tales 3 - which contains a story by
J.A. Campbell. (a Brown, Ghost Hunter story) titled Brown Goes Full Steam.
What's next?
Who Knows?
I'm just going to go one book at a time (hahahaha, yeah...right!)
for a while



6 comments:

  1. I love the cat picks and the truck your grandson was riding in looked awesome! Sounds like a great day was had by all. Hex Hall couldn't really hold my attention either, I preferred Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series when it comes to paranormal YA in boarding schools, so maybe it wasn't the other stuff but the book? Anyway, I hope you have a great reading week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm. Good point. It's possible that maybe I just wasn't enthralled with the book. Now the first few chapters had me chuckling and thinking okay...this is really cooking along. But by the time I finished it, I realized that it took a long time to get where they were going and then the final action scene...ended just like that. almost too easy. Sigh. The dialog was pretty good though, which is a biggie to me. It's weird though when the dialog is better than the narration....

      Delete
  2. You must have needed the sleep ... go with it I say :) Cute pic of your grandson in the parade, they are so cute at that age! Hex Hall has been on my bookshelf for a while, just never seem to get around to it. Have a good week and enjoy your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - my grandbabies are very cute. And I'm so proud of my grandson being willing to go in a parade. I think that's amazing. :)

      Hex Hall was a book I both enjoyed and was a little frustrated by...more on the review. :)

      Delete
  3. Just finished reading Knots and Crosses and started Haunted Ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Knots and Crosses the Rebus novel? I looked that one up and it sounds interesting, even though I'm not usually into whodunit novels. Add a little something like Invisible Knots of Blood, and it becomes more my interest. :)

      Delete