Monday, March 4, 2013

It's Monday, and I wish it were Saturday again...

Time and Life is just flying by - it's passing so fast.  We just had a weekend and now another weekend is over and I'm starting another week of working.  Not sure how much I'm enjoying working anymore - I used to enjoy it quite a bit more.  I guess as long as I'm still having some fun with the students, then it's all good, right?  When all the joy is gone, then it's definitely time to quit.  In the meantime, my grandson is going to be starting at the same school I work, the same school my granddaughter attends.  All the more reason for me to keep trying to work.  It'll be fun, watching the two of them at school.  So I need to hang in there for at least one more year.
Fingers are crossed.

In the meantime, there are things to participate in such as blogger memes.
It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is the meme - one of the funnest memes to participate in.  Hosted by Sheila of Book Journey, fellow bloggers get together (not really, we're from ALL OVER THE WORLD) and post what we've been reading and plan to read.

This past week, I actually finished two...2!...books.  That's big for me lately.  :)  Both books were pretty good.

Black Blood by John Meaney.  This is a sequel to Bone Song and is also known as Dark Blood in the UK.  Both books are amazing, and after finishing Black Blood I'm left wishing that this man would write a third.  The world in the book is so rich, with steampunk only Gothic style.  You have to read to appreciate.

The other book read was a young adult SciFi - Cinder.  It's a totally new take on the classic Cinderella story.  Written by Marissa Meyer, the story was interesting, and the type of young adult novel that's interesting to all ages - even older women like me. 



current reads

The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman
and/or
Scorch by Gina Damico



8 comments:

  1. I loved Cinder and Scarlet too. I still enjoy going to work most days but am looking forward to retirement in a couple of years. Come see my Monday Report. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided I need to read Scarlet, also. Probably have to end up reading what ever she writes in the series. :)

      Delete
  2. Cinder is (im)patiently waiting for me on my kindle. I have a problem with click-happy fingers!

    I hope you'll get lots of time to read this week.

    Here's my It's Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it. I have some books on my Kindle waiting for me also...but I forget to power it up. lol

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed Cinder! Hope you enjoy your books this week too.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up starting Dead Things instead of the other books. haha - I do this sometimes (frequently)

      Delete
  4. I just put Cinder on hold at my library. I keep hearing great things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it, and I'm not a huge young adult fan. forgot I was reading a teen book, really. :)

      Delete