Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday Teaser

Doctor Who, Anyone? gotta love LOLCatz

It's time for Teaser Tuesday!
Hosted by MizB of ShouldBeReading...post snippets from current reads, sans spoilers.  link at ShouldBeReading.
Try it, it's fun!

I've just started a book, so I'm going to just post a random snippet.  Usually I find one on the page I'm reading.
I'm reading:
Ghost & Echoes by Lyn Benedict
from page 2
'     The ocean hissed and seethed and slapped at the nearby piers, boats bobbing in the waves, and Sylvie wondered how the ocean could sound so welcoming on Sanibel and so threatening at home.
     You've never dropped bodies into the Gulf of Mexico, her little dark voice whispered.  Only Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic.'

Ghosts and  Echoes is the second of the Shadows Inquiries series.  The first was Sins and Shadows and a pretty good book.  I have hopes for this sequel, especially since I already have the third novel - Gods and Monsters -  here (bought when it came out, even though I hadn't yet read the second) and I see that a fourth novel - Lies and Omens is available.  I haven't seen much buzz about this series, - though I have to admit that I haven't been cruising the web lately much, but still, usually you notice novels.  But I really liked the first novel, and if the others are anywhere near the first novel, then this series deserves some buzz.  Lyn Benedict also writes as Lane Robins, and has a LiveJournal & the website.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds creepy! That cat in the dress is not happy!

    Happy Thanksgiving! Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesday-teasers_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds tempting! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your holiday.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete