Tuesday, April 12, 2011

update - kind of...

First of all, sorry about my whining last night. This arthritis and the various other pains that I have are something I deal with on a daily basis; I usually am able to handle it with the aid of advil and pain meds - it's just that some days are worse than others and Sunday was the Bitch-Queen of pain and even my grandchildren couldn't keep my mind off it - usually having them around helps, even though they tire me out with their boundless energy. It was so bad, that I made a lot of typos...which I didn't notice until tonight. (embarrassing) . Today was marginally better, but I was in the worst mood ever (my poor kids in the afterschool program - one of them kept wanting to high five me, and I couldn't stand the thought of touching anything with my hand) and I felt pretty wrung out. I'm hoping tomorrow will be back to normal pain (gosh, doesn't that suck? wishing for NORMAL PAIN). Thanks for the sympathy, but I'm a little embarrassed that I let it get to me so much. I know there are lots of people in the world that have things way worse off than I do, cancer (wait - I have emphesyma too - sucks, but at least I have years left, not months), the disaster struck people in Japan. Knowing this makes me feel a little guilty for complaining, but then again, it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

I'm done down, I'm going to try to NOT mention too often my troubles - after all this is supposed to be a blog about the books that I'm enjoying.

2 comments:

  1. thanks - I'm feeling better tonight...like I said - there's okay days, and really bad days...and then back to normal. :)

    ReplyDelete