Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

...And here is our Tuesday, which usually follows Monday, time for our Teaser Tuesday. Hosted by Miz B at ShouldbeReading, full guidelines available there - here is your chance to tease and be teased by books we're reading. Miz Be also hosts other weekly memes, such as Musing Mondays. I can handle two weekly memes, with the occasional Waiting on Wednesday meme. :)




from page 91

'Edie knew. Suddenly, she knew. Muttering an excuse, she stumbled out of the classroom and fell against the bulkhead outside, struggling for air.'


Not quite the same as the Sirantha Jax novels, but I enjoy these just as much - which is saying a lot. There's new planets, space travel, futuristic gadgets, danger and just a touch of angst, with a bit of relationship, yet not done heavy handedly. Nice.


The Rise of the Iron Moon


by Stephen Hunt


what the heck - let's go for page 1


'Purity Drake tried to struggle as the long needle of the syringe sank towards her arm, but the leather straps on the restraining table were binding her down too tight. "Try not to move," ordered the civil service surgeon operating the blood machine." '


This is the first time that Stephen Hunt's work has come into my radar, and I'm not sure how I ended up getting a copy, but I'm happy to be here, with this book - ready to read it, as soon as I finish a couple of my favorites...This book is already released - available right now.

2 comments:

  1. I like books that start out with action that gets my attention right away.

    Here's ours if you get a chance to stop by: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-teasers-3-for-you-today.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh great teasers. I just bought the first Scarabaeus book last week - looking forward to it.
    Sally.
    Here's mine:
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete