Sunday, April 3, 2011

Monday, Monday, Monday....and Monday

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? the weekly meme hosted by Sheila of Book Journey is a fun meme that I try to participate in every week. We list books we've read during the week (some people have four or six books, I usually have ONE - one book ladies, and sometimes even that ONE is a miracle that I've finished....er....*G*) , Books we're currently reading and Books* we would like to start on the next week.
*random capitalization

I'm Currently Reading;


Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu - yes, I've been currently reading this one, but it is also my bedroom book - the book I keep in the bedroom for when I'm reading - and lately I haven't been able to spend much time in the bedroom, because a certain someone HOGS the room, the t.v with sports blaring on some basketball, baseball, or god forbid...GOLF game in the background..and goes to bed very early....so my main reading is done now in the living room, and my living room book is....



Sara Creasy's Children of Scarabaeus - and I am SO glad it's out now, and I'm reading it now;even if I feel guilty that I'm neglecting some of my established favorites (Patricia Briggs, Carrie Vaughn, etc - I will get to them as soon as I can) . This is the type of book that keeps you riveted - keeps you engaged in the story from the moment you open that first page....if it weren't for the grandchildren and my feelings of deep fatigue this weekend, I would have been finished with it already...well, MAYBE I would have been finished with it. :)


My bath book (come on, how many people keep books in the bathroom? On a special little table or shelf? Just for relaxation while bathing....if you don't, you really should try it - it's always been one of my favorite things to do - relax in a bath of hot water with a good book...) - Black Dust Mambo, by Adrian Phoenix. This is the first book of her second series. witchcraft, hoodoo, medicine women, death spells, lots of good stuff in here. :) Slightly different narration voice than I'm used to reading - third person with attitude.


Finished Reading:


I was all excited thinking that I had actually finished two books this past week, but no - I finished the last book before March 28th's It's Monday Meme. Son once again, this is the ONE book that I've read and finished this week. Black Wings by Christina Henry. Read and reviewed. Enjoyed the book, and am thinking of buying the second, Black Night.





I'm Looking Forward to Starting...


I always look forward to the Mercy Thompson books

There isn't a whole lot more to say, anything else would lead to me gushing like a school girl!


Another possible gushing moment, so I'll keep it at, can't wait to dive into this one. It's sitting here, teasing me - and I have so many good books that are waiting.... LOVE "problems" like these. :)


That's it for now...I've just about given up on the idea that my reading speed will pick back up. I probably won't, since I have so many distractions now. Between the grandchildren, T.V., the internet and things like Cityville. Oh, well, this is my life. I'm still spending time doing things that I enjoy - it's just that my time needs to be divided up for all these things. Give and take.


Reminder- I am holding a giveaway for a brand new, never been opened hardback copy of Kat Martin's A Song For My Mother. This is a gentle read about some serious subjects. Not my usual cup of pepsi, but it was an interesting read, with a happy ending.

If you're interested in a non- Urban Fantasy novel about forgiveness, then make sure you enter by April 8th over here.


How was every one else's week?

4 comments:

  1. I only read one book a week too (or maybe two on an exceptionally slow week)but I just tote my one book from bedroom, to living room, to bathtub. Here's mine:

    http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are reading some great looking books - enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BookBelle - maybe if I did that I'd read more than one book! lol I should try that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting selection of reads, both current and planned.

    ReplyDelete