Tuesday, November 23, 2010

May favorite part of Monday? The end of the DAY..and Tuesday Teaser

Teaser Tuesdays, (or as I like to call it, Tuesday Teasers, *g* ) is of course one of my favorite things about Mondays - it means Monday is over, and the new show Raising Hope* will be on tonight (on Fox t.v.), and we're that much closer to Wednesday - Middle**, and Modern Family***...ahhh some of my favorite shows. Really these are the only shows that I look forward to every week, without fail. But this is a book blog (mostly) and Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by Miz B over at Should Be Reading...


I've been reading The Manny, by Holly Peterson. The book is
interesting, if predictable. I'm enjoying the dialogue and the narra
tive (1st person).

from page 123:
(Jamie - the MC is with the "Manny" Peter picking up her kids from school when one of the other moms notices Peter, who happens to be goodlooking);
' "Nice to meet you Ingrid. You have a son here?" Peter put his hand out eagerly and puffed his chest out. Suddenly I was invisible and I didn't like it. She moved in closer, her fake boob now a millimeter from his arm. '
In my usual fashion of jumping around between books, I picked up out of my TBR pile The Darkest Edge of Dawn (sequel to The Better Part of Darkness) by Kelly Gay. It's been out for a bit, but I have quite a few books that are must reads for me, that I haven't quite read yet. I started the first page tonight, before I realized I had computer work to catch up on... So from the first lines of the book:
' "Okay. I'm ready. Give me a leg up."
With my right leg bent at the knee, foot poised in the air, and my fingers grasping the brick ledge below the broken window, I turned just enough to fire a withering glare at my partner. "Hank! A little help here?"
He didn't budge. '

Now it's going to be a race between Bitter Angels, The Manny and The Darkest Edge of Dawn to see which one I finish first...oh, and then there's the car book - the book I've been re-reading whenever I'm stuck in the car waiting....Grimspace by Ann Aguirre (still enjoying it, the second time around!)



* If you haven't yet had the pleasure of watching this totally disfunctional off the wall family, to get the full effect, take a look at the very first episode- Don't miss one second of it, I laughed and laughed.

** Middle has it's own quirky enjoyment, with kids that aren't special, bright, or even popular. In fact, the daughter, Sue is kind of a dweeb, though a happy girl. The oldest son sits around in his underwear when he's at home (I have one those boys...lol) and the youngest is kind of a social misfit, only likes to read, and has no clue how to be a friend - though he does have a photographic memory.


*** Have you ever watched Modern Family? if so, which is your favorite couple of the show? My favorite couple is Mitch and Cam. I absolutely enjoy the other characters of the show, especially Gloria and Phil. The Halloween episode was hilarious - take a look.
Now it's past 2 a.m. on Tuesday morning....just a few more hours and we're off for a mini-vacation (Thanksgiving...or Fall break) and mere hours away from some funny t.v. programming. I am also hoping to get some quiet reading time, although I think I'll end up with some little toddlers around, and some older people hanging out. I do have tentative plans to take my granddaughter to see Tangled with another friend. We'll see if that works out.


1 comment:

  1. I love your teasers! The second one intrigues me; why isn't he moving, I wonder.

    Thank you for coming by my blog! I do appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete