Sunday, November 28, 2010

I saw Tangled today

I went to see Tangled today. I went with my two grandchildren, my father (thank god he came, because my grandson was perfectly behaved for him - you never know how a two year old boy, who is strong as hell, is going to behave), my friend, her four year old daughter and her two nieces (9 and ten years old).

We loved it. There was lots of action, many, many laughs and some good music....well - there was one song I really like (about dreams) and a music interlude where there is dancing in a town - with great music and percussion...going faster and faster...Love music, especially with percussion (love to hear percussion!) Most of the music - especially the slower songs were a little boring for me, but then I'm usually bored by musical type music in movies...where they start out kind of chanting some dialogue and you know they're going to break out into song any minute...although a few of the songs were spirited.

My only real complaint was the two tender love story advancement interludes that totally bored my grandchildren and me. I can do with out the total slowdown of a movie - but this bugs me about many comedy or action films. things are hopping along, lots of action and good story...then suddenly things s l o w w a y d o w n so that the characters can gain insight into each others, or look deeply into each other's souls...or something. anyway, I'm sure a lot of people like this, but it just bores the hell out of me. :)

There's also a subtle message with the whole blond hair thing/brunette hair thing, but that's an old stereotype that gets played over and over in movies and stories.

On the whole, I loved the movie - a lot. The kids enjoyed the movie - a lot. There was lots of laughter. If you haven't yet seen the movie but are going to...pay particular attention to the pet chameleon and the horse. The big white horse.....and the hair. All great aspects of the story. The main male character, Flynn - goodness - they did a good job with his facial expressions and his looks....his expressions were a joy to behold. I found myself thinking what a goodlooking guy this was..and then remembering it's a cartoon!

The movie is a twist on the old Rapunzel fairytale - but I like when a fairytale gets twisted and changed for a new version. There was plenty in the movie to keep the grownups laughing and occupied, and a lot to keep the children interested. This is definitely a movie that I'm looking forward to buying when it comes out in DVD.

Go see it. Love it. Enjoy it.

It's Hell-A-Good! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hah, I added your blog to my google reader, so now I remember to check it :)

    I'm looking forward to seeing it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to see that movie sometime!

    ReplyDelete