Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Monday

I've just started reading Jasmyn by Alex Bell. This will be used for my Typically British Reading Challenge. So far it's an engaging read. Jasmyn is a young woman who has just buried her husband, Liam who died abrubtly. She is in a deep overwhelming grief when strange little things begin to happen, beginning with his funeral. I'm only on page 54 so far because I'm dealing with grandchildren (unexpected babysitting - which I never ever turn down, even when I should) and I have to watch Dr. Who - can't miss that.

For the rest of book like things, I've been coveting books - even though I think I have been blessed with books lately. (we can never have enough books, I firmly believe that).

I finally reviewed Magic On the Storm (loved it. LOVED it.) and I finished reading and reviewed Need, the YA novel written by Carrie Jones. I also enjoyed that novel, quite a bit.

Of course, I'm still in the middle (or rather beginning) of quite a few other books because, I do that.

Still reading:

Vicious Circle (Mike Carey)
Shadow Blade (Seressia Glass)
Spider's Bite (Jennifer Estep)
The Pack (L.M. Preston - YA, or MG)
Anthologies:
  1. Must Love Hellhounds
  2. Huntress
  3. Unbound

I like to keep anthologies around in strategic locations so I can read bits and pieces.

Coming soon to read

  1. Magic Bleeds
  2. Hellfire
  3. Black Magic Sanctions
  4. Don't Kill the Messenger
  5. Hasta La Vista, Lola (just received this one - yeay!)

Actually there is a lot of books I want to get. I keep telling myself I have enough books for my summer reading, but there are books by my favorite writers coming out, and I HAVE to get them. I want to get them. I really am looking forward to a summer of reading. I know I'll be babysitting quite a bit, but the babes are at the age where I can have a book by me to read bits while they are playing - and put it aside to play with them, then read some more, then play some more. Life is good when there are books and babies around. :)

5 comments:

  1. Sound like you have things all set for a great reading summer. I am afraid like you I just figure you can't have enough books, however my book budget is out of control and I need to rein it in. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmyn looks and sounds fantastic - I may need to look for that one. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a Dr. Who fan and grandkids! Sounds like not a lot of reading for a bit, but I'm sure that's okay with you! :o) I love the looks of Jasmyn, I'd love to try it out sometime. Thanks for mentioning it!
    Have a fantastic reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that we read the same types of book but that you always have authors I need to check out! I love Dr. Who----:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you will have a summer full of fun books! Jasmyn sounds interesting. Hope you like it. :)

    My Monday post is here.

    ReplyDelete