Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Remember my reviews of Lucy A. Snyder's books?  I liked them and yet the books drove me crazy.....  Well, apparently, she's been continuing to write;  I've missed her last book (maybe more than one), even though I'm open to reading more from her. 
     The two books I read and reviewed



            And the book I haven't yet read, yet love the name and title  


 And with her newest project, she's going Kickstarter...
That's right - Kickstarter.

Well - I couldn't resist.  I pledged $30.  I would have went for more, but I can't afford anymore, and to be frank....I kind of like the return on the $30 pledge.  If you're not familiar with kickstarter, it's a place for artists, writers, entrepenuers to ask for support (monetary of course) and in return you are offered a token of appreciation.  It can be a signed piece of work, a book, an e-copy, a postcard, a wave and "see ya sucker", whatever.  Point is, you're promised something, and you invest a little bit of money.  I invested in a calender project last year and was able to get an autographed picture of Gregory Maguire (of Witch fame) - which I used as a christmas present for my daughter - who loves his writing.   

I would like to think that I would pledge money just for art's sake, but lets face it - getting a gift in return just makes it that much easier to help out.  And when it's a lot of people investing, the pledge amounts are kept in the reasonable range where real, average people can participate.  That's a win for me. :)

And take a look at the cover - I like that the green eye is still green and glowing......



ANY way there are 11 more days of the fundraising (investor gathering?), so if you want to donate anything from $1, $2, $3 to $75 or $100.... and increments in between ($20, $30, $40, etc) get on over to Kickstarter and take a look around.  Click on the cover above (Devils' Field - I really hope they're referring to more than one devil) or on the word Kickstarter way above that should be in bright green font to get directly to Snyder's page.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, there will be more than one devil. :) Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help - and am looking forward to reading more of your books. Hope you get all the pledges you need.

      Delete