Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday Teaser...it's time for another Teaser...

I've always wanted to make a meme related lol cat!  


It's that time again - time for another teaser or two...  Hosted by MizB of ShouldBeReading,  Teaser Tuesdays is a fun way for us to get together and tease each other.  No really, that's what we do.  With snippets from our current reads, making sure there are no spoilers of course.  Then we visit each other's blogs to share.

This week, our school kicked off our book faire.  The library is full of books to sell; each class is given time to go through and browse the books, and parents of students are encouraged to come in and buy, buy, buy, buy!  ;)  Once in a while there are some very good deals.  A certain percentage of the proceeds are usually dedicated to some classrooms, or in the case of last year - to the library.  We were able to put in a completely new state book set, some newer than 1985 books on a variety of countries, and some books on animals in general.  It was great.  We have  a real whirlwind in charge of this, and she managed to work her magic.  I think we ended up with way more books than we would have had without her.  Amazing.

I had a few minutes to browse and was able to pick up TWO (2!) books that I've been eyeing for a while.  One of them I've had eye on for over a year, in fact, from way before its release date of January 2012.  I've been seeing posts about it for at least two years...  Cinder by Marissa Meyer and Legend by Marie Lu.

Black Blood (aka Dark Blood)
by John Meaney
from page 52
'Donal shifted his weight forward onto his feet.  The black iron chair quivered, as though about to restrain him; but Commissioner Vilnar shook his head.  The chair grew still, allowing Donal to stand up.'

Cinder
by Marissa Meyer
from page 3
'     Tossing the screwdriver onto the table, Cinder gripped her heel and yanked the foot from its socket.  A spark singed her fingertips and she jerked away, leaving the foot to dangle from a tangle of red and yellow wires. 

There it is (or there they are) two teasers for you tonight.  Both promise to be good reads.  I'm totally enjoying Black Blood right now - in the right mood for it (If I could only ignore the t.v. for a bit....)  Here's to reading and books!
AND....Here's to creepy kittens.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, great teasers -- both are very intriguing!

    Here's my TT post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm lovin the Black Blood book, and at the same time, can't wait to start Cinder. Even though I'm very interested in my current read, it's hard to focus just because I know I have a few other books here I very much want to read. One book at a time....that's my goal. But it's not my usual m.o. haha

      Delete
  2. Oh! I read the first book in John Meaney's series but need to get that one. And I do want Cinder. Thank you for sharing these.

    If you'd like to stop by I have a teaser up this week as well...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday-152.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OmG - I LOVED the motorcycle. I love how Meaney has built this world, the bones that sing and talk in Donal's head (how he started talking back to them), the wraith infused chairs, elevators, furniture, etc....Vixen the car. His take on Zombies....the whole thing. What a setting.

      Delete
  3. Whoa. A chair the reacts to the person....ana a gal whose not afraid to get her hands dirty. Nice combo! Great teases...and love the LOL pics! Happy reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete