Monday, May 7, 2012

Mondays' Gone, now time for...Teaser Tuesday!

Tuesday!
Teaser Tuesdays!
hosted by MizB of ShouldBeReading we tease each other  - with snippets of books we're reading.
No Spoilers!  very important

The main book I'm reading this week (sometimes I read at least three books at a time) is Zoe's Tale by John Scalzi.  I hear (or rather, I've READ) that this isn't his normal style of writing.  I like this - I also like Fuzzy Nation, which is another book that's not his norm.  So, still not sure if Scalzi will become a favorite author.  But it seems likely so far.

from page 133:

     'On the day we skipped to Roanoke, this is how Dad broke the news that we were lost. 
     "Because I know there are rumors already, let me say this first: We are safe," Dad said to the colonists. He stood on the platform where just a few hours earlier we had counted down the skip to Roanoke. "The Magellan is safe.  We are not in any danger at the moment."
     Around us, the crowd visibly relaxed.  I wondered how many of them caught the "at the moment" part.'

Scalzi writes that he purposely made this book young adult accessible - writing the main character from a seventeen year old girl's point of view.  I believe he also noted that it was one of the hardest books he's ever written - or something to that effect.  I think he did a pretty good job.



6 comments:

  1. Good teaser, funny cat picture--love it!

    http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/05/tuesday-teasers-4-this-week.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love me some lolcatz - might even be obsessed. :)

      Delete
  2. "at the moment" lol!
    Great teaser, here's mine for this week: http://ttoria.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-20.html

    Vix :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wouldn't that make you nervous? would for me, lol.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like dad is in a position of leadership and trying to reassure his followers. But that "at the moment" bit -- it's got to be worrisome!
    My teaser is from Deadly Pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - I'd be very worried. :) but nothing is like being safe...at the moment. :)

      Delete