I overheard the Grandson saying to the Granddaughter
- "when I went home last time, and didn't see you for a while, I was thinking and I missed you." (omg, my chest tightened up)
- She responded "What did you think about?".
- He said...."you - I was thinking about you and I missed you a lot. I wanted to play with you". (oh, the sweet agony of grandchildren)
- She responded "I missed you too.."
- He said "I love you",
- and she said "I love you too!"
(By the way - to add to the cute factor, or maybe to add to the weird factor- this conversation took place with the boy on the toilet, the door partway closed for "privacy" and with us sitting outside the bathroom on my bed, keeping him company while he used the toilet...they don't like to be in the B.R. by themselves, and yet they are just discovering the privacy thing. So many times we end up with halfway closed doors while we're totally carrying on conversations and even looking at each other's faces while we're having "privacy" with a partially closed door. Never ever fronted that we're totally sensible. *g* But we are close!)
We should take our cues from our young ones- just say it when we love someone, right? Except that once you're an adult, it's not that easy. Sigh....
Once again I'm not quite sure which one I'm going to end up focusing on. I'm in that place after reading a favorite - that place where only another extremely well-written Urban Fantasy book will satisfy me, or I'll end up having to read a book completely out of the genre - a palate cleansing novel. Otherwise, I'll end up feeling blah and ehhh - over what ever book I choose to read.