Monday, February 13, 2012

Tuesday Teaser

I'm not sure why, but this LOL Cat pic reminds me of this crazy craving I've had for Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls - I've been thinking about them for months...MONTHS. My oldest son brought a six of them to the house today. Thank God!I treated myself to a half of a roll, and now that my crazed craving is partially satisfied, temporarily abated, I can concentrate on Teaser Tuesday.

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. Time to tease with snippets of our current reads. No spoilers should be used.


My first is from the third of Kelly Meding's Dreg City series. I just finished #2 and have started #3.
Another Kind of Dead
Kelly Meding
from page 1
'I wanted the comforting commiseration of rain as I followed Leo through the cemetery, but rain would have revealed me to the prying eyes of people who still thought me dead. We were all safer for the deception, Wyatt had insisted, and I agreed.'
Now, I enjoy this series, and Kelly Meding's writing in general. But right here, I have to say that these two sentences do not make a lot of sense to me, and it's not explained, at least not as far as I've read, WHY would rain reveal her to prying eyes? Why would prying eyes notice her in the rain more readily than the bright sun? I kind of want to write to Meding as ask her, but then I don't want to be one of those readers who bug writers about what they've read. Not a writer I don't know anyway. Keep in mind, though that I've just started the book, haven't gone past page one yet...maybe it'll be revealed to me later.




I was going to post a teaser from The Mortal Bone, but I can't find it. This frequently happens to me and is 60% of the reason why I sometimes don't finish a book for months on end. I just lose track of it. :)
So another time for The Mortal Bone (I KNOW I saw it around here recently....)





1 comment:

  1. LOL love the cat picks, especially the first one. I will admit that I have spent many hours on that website looking at those :)

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete