Saturday, February 19, 2011

2011 Fantasy Reading Challenge

It's possible that I'm being totally foolish in planning to enter more than ONE reading challenge, but the very idea of reading challenges pulls me in....even though I don't really do so well at them. Last year I signed up for way too many challenges that, in theory, should have all cross-qualified and should have worked out well. Problem was, I'm pretty sure that there actually are books that I read that I didn't list - anywhere. And there was also a definite slowdown in my reading....and when it came right down to it, it was hard for me to find books with qualifying titles, or books that interested me enough to finish that would have qualified for a challenge or two. The challenge I did the best in was the Speculative Fiction challenge, and the second best was the YA reading challenge. I didn't do so bad in the POC reading challenge, but I also didn't sign up for a huge amount of books. My main love of reading is for urban fantasy or Sci-fi novels, and it was much easier to find POC characters in other genres, such as plain old literature, or romance and those two genres don't really keep my interest. I'm still always open for POC writers recommendations by the way - hopefully for urban fantasy and sci-fi.

Well, the point of this post was to officially sign up for the 2011 Fantasy Reading challenge hosted by darlynandbooks. I'm keeping it at a middle of the road level.... the Fascinated level, which is 6 books. I can probably handle that. The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31st, 2011. Thanks Darlyn for hosting this challenge! Take a look at the cool challenge button, also. Beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. you just made me crave some hard core fantasy... like the Big Fat Fantasy type. LOL.

    Enjoy!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already enter you for the challenge. Please visit the new site for updates!

    http://fantasyreadingchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete