Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday Wait- I just love the imagery on this button. This person has waited soooo loooonnnnngggg that they became a skeleton.
oops.

I've seen this meme credited to a couple different blogs, both of which I've temporarily forgotten the name of, so if anyone knows who the original host is, then I'll be glad to post a link.


In the meantime (in no particular order)...

I'm a little disappointed, because I thought this was coming out in November, but NOOOOO! I see that the release date is September 2010. And yet, I haven't seen any e-mails telling me it's out - usually I get tons of e-mails from Borders, or Amazon.com that let me know when anyone is releasing a book - hell if anyone who is a cousin of an author is releasing a book...especially with Amazon.
Anyway, Terry Pratchett's latest is the fourth Tiffany Aching book - Tiffany is the child witch introduced in Wee Free Men. Although there are many, many Discworld books published in the series, each book can be read as a standalone novel. I firmly believe that Terry Pratchett is a genious. A discworld, fantasy, satirist genius.
I Want This Book. I will get it....as soon as I can. :)
I know there's a lot of good books coming out that I want to read very badly...But the one that keeps sticking in my head is....coming out in the U.K. LOL - but I'm willing to order from the Book Depository, so one way or another, I'm looking forward very much to reading this one.

THE BITTER SEED OF MAGIC by Suzanne McLeod. Doesn't Genny Taylor look a bit spooky in this cover? The Tower of London is in the background...and some crows....spooky!

Her first book, The Sweet Scent of Blood, came out in the U.S. in April and I'm happy to see it in the bookstore. Everytime I go to Borders, I look for it - even though I have the UK version already (BOOK NERD, that's me)
Her second book is coming out in the U.S. in 2011 I believe. The Cold Kiss of Death - although it's already available through The Book Depository
This is a entertaining and gritty series - there's a bit of humor, a bit of romance (not romance genre amount, but just the right amount), suspense, magic and great storylines. The characters are Fae - brownies, pixies, nayads (tree people), water horse....as well as vampires, witches and shapeshifters. It's all packed into a great series with never a dull moment.
The Iron Witch (February 2011)
I've been following Karen Mahoney's blog for a long time. First, I believe I stumbled upon it a few times before she even got a book deal....in fact, that might be where I launched off and found Suzanne McLeod's blog (which led me to her excerpts, which led me to buying her books because I couldn't stand to wait for the US publications....)
Then, I read Karen's short story in Eternal Kiss - and it's a good story. Of course, after reading her short story, I've been waiting for a full length novel, and going back and forth between her blog and McLeod's blog (among others, I lurk a LOT) and am very happy that Karen Mahoney's first full length novel is coming out in February of 2011. And it's now an adult novel. Her short story is Young Adult, and Iron Witch started out as YA, but came out as an adult. And it has a pretty cool cover.
Good books coming out in the near future, and a bit down the road - all worth waiting for.

1 comment:

  1. I've never read any of the Discworld books, although I did have a patron at the library recommend them to me once...

    I've given you an award at http://librarygirlreads.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete