Sunday, July 25, 2010

Monday, Monday.....


Hosted by Sheila of Book Journey - a weekly meme where we get to show what we've read, and what we hope to read.
My week was a very slow week for reading - though I felt busy, I accomplished very little that was fun
Sent e-mail to the winner of Stormwalker but still haven't heard back (Beverly! Come on, Girl! you'll enjoy this book but I need the address! )
I poisoned myself (bad, bad, bad)
I over-dusted/worked my lungs (bad - very bad)
I played a lot with grandchildren (fun, always fun)
I attempted to watch tv (anyone else have issues with Comcast's horrible viewing service? I haven't been able to watch a complete show all summer - we are looking for alternatives for cable)
I read one and a half books (good thing, wish I read more though)
wrote NO reviews (one is coming up though)
made some horrible tasting Caramel (so sad)
Stacia Kane! Can I just say - I love this series. A review is coming up - but in the meantime I love that we have here a main character that is right in the midst of an addiction, is fully aware of what she's doing, is still making it to work (drugs are expensive), and things don't go well for her, but she keeps picking herself up and muddling through because even though she's bringing a lot of her problems on herself - it's still her life and she's living it - damnit!


This is the half of the one and a half books I've read this past week. I'm more than halfway through and having fun with this - even though it's bringing back some strong memories of my own hypercritical latina mom - having a latina mom, there's just no comparison...Good book and the bonus for me (since my critical mom did NOT teach us spanish) is the glossary of phrases at the back. I was pleasantly surprised at how many of the phrases I knew. :)



I have plans to read these two books next - Black Magic Sanctions is one of my birthday books, or I would have had to wait for the paperback to come out. I only buy hardbacks from a few authors. The Pack is a YA book by L.M. Preston that I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing - these kids live on MARS. MARS!

I put off Little Beauties for now, because it seemed a little down, and I need stuff that's not so sad. I plan to read it though - soon.
Small week for me - but that's how it is for me.

9 comments:

  1. Poisoned yourself? Oh lord, I hope your are alright. The new Stacy Kane books look great. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I'm fine now, just with a stronger resolution to never eat lunch meats - I don't like them anyway - but I was tired and hungry last Monday and ugh. never again. I'll stick to quesadillas, peanut butter, tuna...no more luch meats. It was rare that I ate lunch meat anyway - but just...ugh - I hate feeling nauseated and sick.

    Now I'm better, but with an extremely small appetite - especially for meat, which is probably healthier anyway, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Sister Chicas and can't wait to read your review. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea to read books that you feel in the mood for rather than struggling on with a book that isn't quite it! Happy reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Glad to hear you are doing better! Your books this past week look good. I hope you enjoy this week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to know that your better!

    I work for Comcast and decided to post to offer my help. Please contact us, provide your info and a link to your account. We'll make sure that the problem is looked into.

    Sorry for the trouble.

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! Mark from Comcast. Frankly, I'm surprised to hear from anyone from Comcast on a blog. We've called comcast numerous times to tell them about this problem. We even scheduled a guy to come out and check the cables. He showed up exactly at ten - must not have knocked very hard (we didn't even hear our dogs bark) and called our cell phone (which isn't out main line - certainly not our house phone-through comcast by the way).

    We've just about decided to go for another provider because seriously = this just gets worse. Everytime that we've called, they tell us they're having trouble in our area (obviously, after the first four times we hear this, it must be a standard phrase, right?) or push a re-set button - but nothing fixes it.

    I'll try one more time - using your link - but don't hope for much anymore. Even our phone goes in and out. Sometimes my daughter tries to call us and gets a message that our service is not on. Very irritating and I've almost given up watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OUCH Mardel! I am glad you are doing better but what a sucky thing to happen :(

    I have never read a Kim Harrison book, I am going to have to eventually I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black Magic Sanction is a great book. I love Jenks ;)

    Here's my list: http://kclapsadl.blogspot.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete