Friday, February 26, 2010

Dead to Me

I'm currently reading Dead To Me, by Anton Strout. I really don't know if I'm going to be able to finish reading. I don't know if I like it or hate it. I'm already past 100 pages, but I'm finding myself frustratedly reading.

One moment the main character reads like a kind of ....well a grown up. Then it seems all the characters are speaking as if they come from some 1950's era movie. There are moments when the main character seriously behaves like an adolescent boy.

That's fine, if that's what the author is going for. It's his book. I'm just having a hard time reading it. I'm going to try to finish, because it is part of a reading challenge for me. But there are two books that are calling my name, right at this moment to read. Angelic (Kelley Armstrong) and Danile X (James Patterson). I'm giving it 100 more pages.....maybe. : )

I want to like this book. I've read Anton Strout's interview and a little of his blog here and there. He's a funny guy. But it's that whole everyone has different taste thing. Not all books are going to be to my taste. The writing itself is fine, it's just that I am frustrated with the characters in the book. At the moment anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment