Last week was my first It's Monday meme post, and I don't think I did the whole thing. (I'm a half-assed type of woman, sometimes). I'm going to follow J.Kaye's lead in this (she's the host of this meme by the way- click on the picture and you go to her site)
- None, no novels anyway
for the library we read Velva Gratch and the Way cool Butterfly (Alan Madison) which is a wonderfully humorous and informative book that uses many examples of alliteration (I just found out the meaning of alliteration last summer!) and descriptive phrases (carroty curls, spaghetti arms). I enjoyed this book, as much as the children did.
- We continued reading Herbert's Wormhole (Peter Nelson) for the Fourth and Third graders, although I had the teacher read since I'm losing my voice (this was Friday). We are almost halfway through and everyone is enjoying this book- a lot.
Books I gave up on - None
Books I am currently reading:
- The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay - ARC. Which I am enjoying immensely!
- The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King - haven't gotten too far on this one yet, but so far I like the narrator's voice and the way she's handling having lived 100 lives of a ...it's not really a spoiler - dog.
Reviews I need to write - none, I'm no pro, I don't even read fast enough anymore to have put off writing any reviews. I'm just a slacker! Okay, really I'm just tired.
I just bought some more books (even though I have a million in my TBR pile- hey, I read somewhere someone has a TBR ROOM! a whole room. (god, that'd be so great to have a room just for books) I'm also waiting for some books that I've WON in a couple contests. (Christmas Luck, I think)
- Deadtown - Nancy Holzner (can't wait, can't wait-good thing I have it here already)
- Spellbent - Lucy A Snyder
- Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett
- Vulnerable - Amy Lane
waiting for (from contests)
- from Debbie's World of Books Day By Day Armageddon JL Bourne; Velva Jean Learns to Drive by Jennifer Niven; and Wings by Aprilynne Pike.
- From Deadline Dames (Karen Mahoney) Spectre by Phaedra Weldon and Demon Bound by Caitlin Kittredge
- from OfficiallyMRS - a young high school student who writes fiction, took part in NaNo, does homework and maintains a blog- I'm impressed. (Her fiction is pretty good too) I'm receiving Girl Goddess #9 - an anthology I believe.
FEED BACK NEEDED PLEASE; I'm trying to hold a little contest at my other blog. I put up a link to there on another post. Not one person has shown any interest. I know I only have a few followers, and I'm okay with that, but I would have thought that ONE person at least would want one of these books. So is it because...
books are boring?
because they're used? (not rich, just wanted to share some books)
these are books that everyone already has?
should I just offer them on the Library thing?
Should I try putting up a few more? - believe me, there's at least 30 books I'd like to start giving out- some used, some used hard, some new, some hardback, most paperback. I won't usually give away new books, because I read my new books, and I don't have a bargain with any publishers to hold giveaways. I figure my following is way too small to even attempt it, and I wouldn't know how anyway.
Someone take pity on my and give me some feedback or advice.