Monday, September 21, 2009

Unfinished Desires

This will be my 37th book read for the year. I'm almost to me second (or revised) reading goal for the year. Unfinished Desires was sent to me by GoodReads. I'm very glad that I was able to get this book. I'm halfway finished with it, and I am enjoying it very much. It comes out for sale in December.
I believe that I have only three more books to read and review for the Colorful Reading Challenge also, though I did change one of my planned books. I am going to satisfy my inner list-lover and list the books I've read for the challenge. Maybe I'll be inspired to start the next color.

The Colorful Reading Challenge Update;

Six Required Colors:

  1. Blue Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre (May '09)
  2. Red Red by Jordan Summers (April '09)
  3. White Black and White by Jackie Kessler/Caitlin Kittredge (July '09)
  4. Black White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison (April'09)
  5. Silver planned: Silver Ship and the Sea by Brenda Cooper
  6. Gold planned: The Man With the Golden Torc by Simon R Greene

Three Optional Colors

  1. Green Green Angel by Alice Hoffman (June '09)
  2. Yellow Crome Yellow by Aldous Huxley (September '09)
  3. undecided so far - I'll be on the look out, and open to suggestions (hint-hint)

There is another challenge I'm tempted to try, except I can't remember where I read about it, or what the name of the challenge is. I remember what to do though, and it requires reading a total of 55 books in the space of a year. The breakdown is like this

  • read 10 books published in 2010
  • read 9 books published in 2009
  • read 8 books published in 2008
  • read 7 books published in 2007 (see a trend?)
  • 6 books from 2006
  • 5 from 2005
  • 4 from 2004
  • 3 from 2003
  • 2 from 2002
  • 1 from 2001

I think this would be fun. (I might have read about it on Lost in Books-maybe) I'm pretty sure that I have at least 9 books from 2009 in my TBR pile. I might have some from 2008 also. I'm wondering if re-reading books count, since it's been a very long time since I've read some of my books from 2007 and before. If so, then I have plenty of books "in stock"; some of them I would love a reason to re-read. Unfortunately I do not remember the deadline, only that it is sometime in the year 2010.

Update--> after searching this thing (browser searches are great aren't they? I used yahoo search and ended up on a google page.) I found the Countdown 2010 Challenge. there is a sign up form. I'm contemplating this, (actually signing up, because it looks intimidating. the sign up, not the challenge) I'm going to read the rules and decide whether to do it officially or on my own. either way it's a good challenge. I still don't remember the first place I read about this challenge though.

I've read the rules. Nothing stated about re-reads, so I'm going to use my older books. It'll be like reading them for the first time, since I don't remember lots of details from books I've read a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment