Sunday, June 7, 2009

Books, and Books, and Books


I'm a little weird about lists. I love to make lists. Lists of Books, Lists of Birthdays, Lists of Things To Do (don't always work on those ones, or finish them), Lists of Old Coins I have. I used to even list the magazines I had (got rid of all of them). The problem is I don't always maintain lists. Another thing I used to do, but I don't any more, is try to keep my books in alpha order, by author. Within each author section I used to try to keep the books not in title order, but by publication date. How weird is that? I must be the laziest OCD person alive. I have the tendencies, at least for the milder forms - like list making - but I am way too lazy to carry it out on a regular basis. Probably a good thing. Anyway! in honor of lists, I am listing the books that I have read in 2009 - and not in any particular order, just by an estimated first finished to latest finished. I say estimated, because I might not even have that right.


first; a review on my arbitrary rating system, using stars { * };


  • * = being the worst book I have tried to read, I really couldn't finish it, no will to do so

  • ** = not much better than one, I had to force myself to finish the book

  • ***=not that bad, not that great, just not impressed with the book - buy it used, or borrow it

  • ****=a decent book, but could be better

  • *****= I liked it a lot, I would recommend it to others, will probably read other books by the author of this one

  • ******= KEEPER! I loved the book, I would recommend it to others, am looking for other books by this author, and this author will be on my "auto-buy" list, I wish the book was longer

And here is the list (as of June 7th) of books that I have finished in 2009:



  1. Magic to the Bone - Devon Monk ******

  2. Demon Bound - Meljean Brook ******

  3. Island of the Sequined Love Nun - Christopher Moore ******

  4. The Summoning {YA} - Kelley Armstrong ******

  5. Remember Me? - Sohpia Kinsella *****

  6. Bone Crossed - Patricia Briggs ******

  7. Mona Lisa Blossoming - Sunny ***

  8. Mona Lisa Craving - Sunny ***

  9. Unclean Spirits - M.L. Hanover ******

  10. White Witch, Black Curse - Kim Harrison ******

  11. Strange Angels {YA} - Lili St. Crow ******

  12. Pride - Rachel Vincent *****

  13. Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand - Carrie Vaughn *****

  14. Midnight's Daughter - Karen Chance *****

  15. Red - Jordan Summers *****

  16. Blue Diablo - Ann Aguirre ******

  17. Magic In the Blood - Devon Monk ******

  18. Blood Noir - Laurell K. Hamilton **' (the ' is a half star)

And now, books that I am currently reading. I've started these and have been going back and forth between some, or will read through:



  • Dead and Gone - Charlaine Harris

  • Close Encounters - Katherine Allred

  • Eve of Darkness - S.J. Day

  • Any Given Doomsday - Lori Handeland

  • Tekgrrl - A.J. Menden

  • Red-Headed Stepchild - Jaye Wells

That is probably enough lists for now. I was going to list the books I want to buy, but there is over - what the heck, I'll list the ones that are newly released or coming very soon that I want:



  1. Once Dead, Twice Shy {YA} - Kim Harrison

  2. The Sweet Scent of Blood - Suzanne McLeod

  3. Angels' Blood - Nalini Singh

  4. The Beginning - Drew Silver

  5. Unfallen Dead - Marc Del Franco

  6. Prey - Rachel Vincent

  7. Hotter Than Hell - Jackie Kessler

  8. Bad to the Bone - Jeri SmithReady

  9. Madhouse - Rob Thurman (did you know Rob is a woman?)

  10. Deathwish - Rob Thurman

  11. Street Magic - Caitlin Kittredge

  12. Skinwalker - Faith Hunter

  13. The Enchantment Emporium - Tanya Huff

  14. Darkness Calls - Marjorie M. Liu

  15. The Women of Nell Gwynne's - Kage Baker

  16. Dying Bites - D.D. Barant

  17. Black and White - Jackie Kessler/Caitlin Kittredge

  18. Soulless - Gail Carriger

  19. Phenomenal Girl 5 - A.J. Menden

  20. Skin Deep - Mark Del Franco

Well that's my top 20 wanted list. Geez, that's at least $160 worth of books, if they're all mass paperback size, which they probably are not!


No comments:

Post a Comment