Monday, March 11, 2013

It's Monday, and it felt like Spring on Sunday!


It was a beautiful day Sunday.  My sister treated my daughter, granddaughter, me, and my grandson to a 'Girls' day + one boy outing'. We had lunch at a place where they allowed me to be picky and ask for different bread (hate onion rolls) on my hamburger, bacon that normally didn't come on a certain burger and cooked it extra well done, the way I like it.  I can be kind of picky with my food....
Then we went to an earring place so my sister could buy my granddaughter some earrings for her late birthday present (she went to disneyland for her birthday, so there was no party).  My grandson and I spent this time outside, on a conveniently located bench. 

Then we went to a park, or the 'village green', where it wasn't really very green, but the daffodils were blooming.  The kids played on a jungle gym while we sat on a bench and petted passing dogs and watched various children running and behaving in various behaviours.
Met a bulldog who was quite the snorter, she christianed me with some drool that she shook all over her, after I treated her to a petting.  Guess I should feel honored.  lol.  then she blatantly used me as shade.
After we spent some park time, we visited a sweet shop where the kids smiled some huge smiles for us.
aren't those some creepy smiles?
And then it was a walk back to the car with a little detour...
one was a lion....the other a sleeping puma.  guess which was which?
Fun day.  I could have spent the day in bed reading, like I usually do.  Although I did kind of miss lazing around, I had a lot of fun, just spending it with some of the females of my family '+one boy'.  And they were good kids at the restaurant; sharing my fries.....eating some of their food.....being good little mini-people.  

Hosted by Mis Sheila of Book Journey, It's Monday What Are You Reading? is the weekly meme concerned with what we've been reading, finished reading, and/or plan to read.  We all link to Book Journey and visit each other's blogs.  Fun meme to participate in.

Currently Reading:

I didn't have huge reading week.  Never really go into the two books I started reading and then I ended up starting yet a third book...and because of my fun day out on Sunday, I didn't even finish reading it - but I am enjoying it.  It's a little different, an urban fantasy written by a man from a man's pov.  A man totally tatted up from neck to feet with tattoos, magical tattoos.  Wish the cover would reflect this...
The book is Dead Things by Stephen Blackmoore.  First I ever heard of him, and his writing is decent - interesting with good dialog... Apparently this isn't his first book....he has quite a lot of work under his belt, including some short stories.  So far, I'm enjoying Dead Things enough to think about investing in his other book - City of The Lost.  Except that I haven't seen City of the Lost in the store...(online sale it is, then)

No other plans for reading at the moment.  I did post a couple reviews, finally.  Played Castleville, watched Shameless (good episode), and worked....I'm getting closer and closer to retirement!  One day at a time.  ;)

So, people....what's up with you?


14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great outing...I'm hopeful Spring will be making an appearance here soon, despite just getting 6+ inches of snow on Friday.

    Have a great week and thanks for visiting my blog!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is dealing with snow. Moved away from mostly sunny California to a snow-ridden Boston. Moved there right when the Storm Nemo hit - but he's happy in the snow with his woman. :) Anything for love, right? :) I hope you get some warmth soon, also.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you enjoyed a beautiful spring day!

    I really need to check out Blackmoore, I am sure I would love his stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was a beautiful day too - made doing lunch yard duty much nicer than the last few weeks/months. :)

      Delete
  3. LOL to the kitty pic. Sounds like you had a full day Sunday, we went hiking w/ the in laws. It was fun. Dead Things sounds interesting. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to enjoy a hike once in a while...not too often, mind you - but once in a while. ;)

      I should go out more - I did have fun. And thanks for stopping by MY blog. :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a great day with the family! We enjoyed the nice weather too and went out to lunch, did a little work outside and then took David to the park. I'm ready for spring to stick around now. :)
    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early days of "spring" (since it's not officially spring yet), always so much fun, right? We'll probably get some more cold days here and there. Definitely getting the cold nights still! :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful pictures!! I can't wait for spring to arrive here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it - we've had three days in a row of warm weather - but not too warm. cold in the morning and at night but beautiful afternoons. :) Hope we keep the springlike weather for a while, also. I'm starting to like spring. Used to be a winter gal, but that's too cold and painful now. :) Spring is it now.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fun day, great photos ... love the spring flowers and the pic of the kids with big smiles cracked me up. Haven't read Stephen Blackmoore but it sounds good. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day - and the weather has been holding at nice....although I hear it's going to be a hot one on Wednesday for us....Better than that bitter bonechilling cold though. {shudders} The winters get harder and harder to deal with...so I'm now very much looking forward to spring and warmer weather. Easier to move around in. :)

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful welcome to spring, I can't wait for warmer weather! Hope you enjoy your reading this week! Here's what's on my reading list for this week if you'd like to stop by...http://momssmallvictories.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-march-11-2013/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been beautiful all week, so far. Not sure about next week - but this one has been nice. :)

      Delete