Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday. yup. Monday

I didn't caption this lol CAT (I always mention when it's my own caption) but I wish I had thought of this one - soooo apt, isn't it?

and now...

Hosted by Sheila of Book Journey - it's time for It's Monday, What Are You Reading?
Click on the picture of the two 'angels' above for a link to Sheila's website, where you can check out her posts and the latest banned book week posts...which reminds me.  I had this plan, all week - to post about banned books, and possibly find one that I've read (I'm sure I've read a few, though a lot of them are actually kind of boring- the older books) but I had this cold all week, and I'm getting lazier and lazier as life goes one....and I'm lucky to have finished at least one novel this week.

But I did - finish a book.  A book I've been reading since last week.  No fault of the writers that it took me so long, because the book is very interesting with interesting fun characters and starships.  But because of my cold, the general health etc., everytime I started to read the book I ended up drifting off to sleep - though I never seemed to sleep for more than a half hour at time....

The book I finished was Ghost Ship by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller - and now I really want to find other copies of this series.  Perhaps soon....  Clicking on the book cover will take you to an excerpt...or the page where you can access the excerpt;actually quite a few of the chapters.  I find this exceedingly generous of the publishers - to allow more than one chapter for reading.   Baen Books has been pretty good about free reads for quite a few years, as I remember.  Very cool.
I find that when I end up picking up a Baen book, it's usually an interesting read.

That's really all I have to report about my book reading this week.
I've just finished the novel, am still sick, and wide awake from dozing off all day Sunday....so I'm not really sure what's going to hold my interest at the moment.  I kind of feel like reading Nylon Angel by Marianne de Pierres, a book trilogy I read many years ago...it's been on my mind a lot lately, so maybe I'll just do a few re-reads rather than try to concentrate on new books....


I really wish I had just one more day off....

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read Nylon Angel yet though it is on my wishlist. I have read her new YA series (Burn Bright) and I have also enjoyed her alter ego's Tara Sharp series.
    Wishing you a great reading week!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting to read the Tara Sharp book - have the first one. I haven't tried her YA either, but I love her SciFi

      Delete