Wednesday, July 4, 2012

reading and blogging - or lack of


Well.
I was going to keep on top of my reviewing/reading.
I was going to try to do my favorite weekly memes on a weekly basis.
Then I came down with this....thing.
It involves staph - but thankfully not antibiotic resistant staph (had that one eight years ago, causing quite a few operations in the right shoulder and resulted in the nastiest scar ever, a weird shape to my shoulder, and finally a beautiful tattoo to cover said ugly nasty scar) but I have to deal with dressing changes, sore skin from the tape and those antibiotics make me miserable.  To add to the misery, this is under my arm, the same arm that came down with that nasty, nasty postoperative infection eight years ago, and it amazes me how much it affects the rest of my arm and awakens this weird ghost pain, or remembered body pain from that bad time from so long ago (que dramatica!) So I missed the last two weeks - but that's not all.  I seemed to be in a slump as far as doing anything bloggy.  No memes came from me for at least three weeks.  Just didn't feel up to it.
I posted a review today and hopefully I'll get back on track.
Not sure why I'm stressing about it, it's not like this is a paying job - but it just feels like I'm doing something when I post - whether people read it or not.
I'm beginning to feel a little better so maybe I'll be back on track.
I did manage to read some good books, some okay books and am in the middle of reading Camera Obscura by Lavie Tidhar (Oh. My. God) - so I have a few reviews to catch up on.  Only I have this vague idea that I might have forgotten some of the books I've read....
Ever feel like that?  Get so busy reading that you forget to keep track of what you've finished?  I even have a page set up to help me keep track of not only what I've read, but what I've started reading - only for that to be effective, it's important to update it regularly, and I'm not so good at that.
Oh Well, it's not a paying job, and you get what you pay for.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment