Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday, It's Monday and I didn't read much...

It's been a rough few weeks for me. Even though I had a lot of fun on my recent trip, I was pretty exhausted from all the plane rides and airport experiences - which though uneventful, it's still tiring simply waiting and wandering around the airport. Every thing seems to be a mile away - no matter what. Need a bathroom? it's a mile behind you. Need something to drink? it's a mile ahead of you. I exaggerate, but the sheer size of an airport means you are going to be doing some walking - a lot of walking.........with your bags.
So I finally go back to work, and then I come down with a fever and a cough - ahhhhhhh - so tired and icky feeling....just start to feel better and then my uterus decides to mess with me - I am 51 years old, people. I am through with the whole uterus thing. I am not going to have any more babies, so my uterus needs to leave me alone - but it won't. it worked overtime this past week - making me have to "take care of things" every half hour to an hour. This is tiring. It is exhausting. I feel like death warmed over. My uterus is just now taking a quick break. I'm hoping that this does not go on for very long, because besides the whole....producing thing, there were the cramps....nice painful cramps...
But this is not what I want to focus on - but I'm worn out and tired, and wishing my uterus would retire for good - not for a few months and then come out of retirement....as recently happened.
ahhhh - womanly parts, they're so fun.
:)
This meant, that because of the party my uterus was having, along with my regular pain, and the rain acting up and making my spine hurt more....I spent a lot of time lounging and reading - and the grandchildren were happily running circles around me, laughing and playing and making me laugh. I laughed so hard at times, that I would lose my breath.
Last night, we ended up with me in the middle and each grandchild holding on to an arm while sleeping - an interesting position to be in - can't move much, but you end up relaxing and falling asleep with your arms held captive by little kids... :)
It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly book blogging meme hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. It's simple - we share what we're reading, what we've finished (haha - those of us that have been able to focus long enough to finish a book - *g*) and sometime, what we plan to read.
I was happily in midst of a three book marathon reading, when a book I've been waiting for was released, and then I also became re-interested in a book I've had around for a while....

One of the books I'm reading this week is Chaos Space by Marianne de Pierres aka Marianne Delacourt of Burn Brightly - I cannot find an excerpt for this one. However, reading and looking for an excerpt reminds me of the trilogy by de Pierres that I read so long ago. I am really feeling the need to re-read this series - the first one is called Nylon Angel and it's billed as a cyberpunk. I absolutely loved the trilogy and wish that de Pierres had a contract to write more in this world - it's a very good, gritty sci-fi trilogy.
While I was in the third of the Space series, Stacia Kane's latest Downside book was released. This is one of those novels (for me) that I will put aside other novels to read. However, the other novel I was reading is just as interesting, so at the moment I'm splitting my time between them. It's a selfish way of reading. :) So far, Sacrificial Magic is just as good as the previous three novels in the Downside series. Flawed main character with a dysfunctional love - and written is such an interesting way....
The book I've become re-interested in is Kindling The Moon by Jenn Bennett. This is a book that I bought because many, many people were raving about it - not normally a reason for me to buy a book, but people who write books I love were liking this novel - so I bought it. I started it - started out very compelling and then for some reason I lost interest. To be fair, I didn't give much time to it - and only recently picked it back up and started reading again. This time, I'm more interested in it, and have gotten a little further, finding that it's getting more interesting as I go.

There are many more books that I have sort of lined up - but my mood and thus my book reading possibilities change so quickly - which is one of the reasons I have so many books that I've started, that I'm in the midst of reading or that I've put aside temporarily. Once in a while once of them ends up my main read and then the whole skipping about between books starts again. This is what works for me.
I leave you with a slightly cranky LOL Cat - enjoy your coming week of reading.

3 comments:

  1. I've been noticing Sacrificial Magic around...

    Sorry you're dealing with those issues...I had some of those awhile back. Everything's okay for now...lol

    Have a great week...love the cat and kids photos.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* Sorry about the badness... but awesome with all the reading!

    ReplyDelete