Monday, January 16, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

I love the lolcatz website. I could spend a lot of time over there, and I've even been inspired enough to caption three cat pics. Not this one. I am always laughing and impressed with what other people come up with for the captions; I can't resist posting some when blogging also. I also found out (it's been there a while, but I just started checking it out last night) some of their other sites - like FailBlog, LolDogs, and other funny places.
But it is now Teaser Tuesday time - time to tease you with the one (yes, I'm only reading one book this week....well - there's the book that is in the bathroom, but let's not talk about that...wait - let's talk about it. I have a special little stepstool-turned-minitable just for things like books. Hey sometimes you just have to relax in there, y'know? Yeah - I just went there.) Anyway, ahem....Tuesday Teaser is hosted by MizB of ShouldBeReading. Guidelines are there, but basically tease us with your two lines from a book you're reading.

I'm mainly focusing on one novel this week, and that's the one the teaser is coming from.

Lilith Saintcrow's fourth Jill Kismet novel is Flesh Circus. I am enjoying this read, as I've enjoyed pretty much anything I've read by Lilith Saintcrow.
from page 158:


'I eased out of cover. Crossed the street trying not to feel like the house was watching me approach.
Trying not to feel lured.'

shiver worthy, isn't it? :) Saintcrow can write some dark urban fantasy, that's for sure.



Tease back, now!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Nice teaser, sets the mood really good!

    Come see my Tuesday too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm glad to see that you are continuing with Kismet. Awesome teaser.

    Here is mine if you get chance www.clairesbookcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I hope that you do read The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Diary by Alexie. If you like listening to audiobooks, try this one. Alexie reads it himself and the cadence of his voice is mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete