Sunday, May 1, 2011

this and that...

**This is the post that I kept having problems with - in fact I am still having problems with blogger - is anyone else experiencing sudden windows closing, loss of typed data, can't switch from compose to edit html?



Now, as for the Black Eyed Peas - I've always enjoyed them as a group - not every single song, but love their faster stuff. However, I can't say that I like eating black eyed peas (hahaha- sorry, couldn't help it.....I grew up listening to bad puns)


Any way, it's a long video, and the acting isn't that great....but I love the mix of music and video subject...think of transformers meet rap/R&B meet future/sci-fi.



music begins about 2 minutes in...



It's a fun video. :)





That's it for the music - I can only handle downloading two videos tonight. Everytime I put downloaded the video and then tried to write something, the internet would stop working and I would lose the video and the previously written paragraph. Hell, I must have written and re-written the Katy Perry blurb about five times, the Black Eyed Peas at least two! yep - and I STILL left in that horrible pun. Mwhahaha

And Now - Back to bookish subjects...

Even though I've tried very hard to slow down my book buying - I have so many books that I just can't get through with my reading slow-down - I ended up with $5.00 in Border's Bucks to spend. Now I just can't waste $5.00 I had until store closing to use them up today - or they would have expired, and it would have bothered me for months to come.....Seriously, it would have. :(


So I tried to get my middle son to go with me, thought it would be fun to take his son and my other grandchild. He wasn't into it...and ended up leaving to get ready for work. Then after a stressful hour of peeing right outside the toilet instead of into the toilet (just learning) and then having a teeny accident in his "bigboy" underwear....my grandson climbed into my bed, covered himeself up and fell asleep. (he's been asleep ever since, by the way)<---This was written last night;Last night was when blogger was trippin and I couldn't post - everytime I tried to upload a pic or video it would shutdown the internet and even when I saved after every sentence I typed, it would re-format, add extra spaces between sentences, some words would come out HUGE, and it would also delete blocks of text. Very strange....Anyway, the boy slept from 7:30 p.m. til 7 a.m. this morning...almost 12 straight hours. He woke up once, sat up and asked for his uncle.

My granddaughter was hanging out with her other uncle's girlfriend, so I went off to the store...by myself...


I found Phoenix Rising, the new release by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris. I couldn't find an excerpt anywhere, but I did find the book series website. There will be more novels - Ministry of Peculiar Occurences. This is Steampunk. I like the cover, but I don't like the look of the cover model, or her clothes. It comes across as almost....crude and harsh at the same time. And I don't like that I also sound like an old prude, but that's how the cover comes across to me. It's the pose with the clothes....and the cover model looks... (shudders)
At least she has cool gadgets and weapons on her...maybe that's the idea of the pose...no. The rest of the cover was cool. I like the portrayal of the weapons, the steampund aura and the little curlycues at the corners...



Happily, I also found a trade ppb copy of Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves, a book I've been coveting for a long time. I thought I would never find it in ppb - and couldn't really bring myself to buy it in hardback without knowing the writer's style...with hardback prices, I want to know that I'm going to love a book before shelling out h/b prices for a novel. This cover is pretty cool = the color, the fabric (even though it's been done quite a bit in YA covers) Looking forward to reading this, though I'm not sure when. I've been putting off reading a lot of my favorite writers' books and I have a bad feeling that I've actually LOST some books. How's that for feeling bookishly out of control? Update - I started reading this - couldn't help it, it jumped in my hands in the morning and opened up to page one...I've been reading it ever since. This character is weird and fascinating.

and Finally - be on the lookout for Library Cat!

I hear he's been lurking around libraries and bookstores...

(in case you can't read the script on the pic) this reads


I am the Library Cat This is my beanbag chair. You will be quiet and orderly.
You will not throw books. If you prove yourself worthy I will let you pet me, and I may even come sit on your lap. In the meantime I am watching you.


finis

No comments:

Post a Comment