Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teaser Tuesday






No pic, because I apparently haven't downloaded it yet, and am now way too busy


busy, busy, busy..... {just uploaded pic of Enchantment Emporium}


but my teaser this tuesday is from the Enchantment Emporium by Tanya Huff - a book I'm reading for the GLBT august reading challenge.


The Enchantment Emporium     
by Tanya Huff
From page 75:

' "Why not Calgary? Things are happening here. It's a good place to start a new life."
She did not point out that his new life seemed to suck a bit. '

from page 197:

' " Should I destroy them now,"he repeated, "my enemy is forewarned that I am here."
"Right here." She couldn't stop herself. "Hiding." '

this is the only book I'm quoting teasers from this week, especially since right now I'm in the middle of updating files for my job (yeah, at 2 a.m. when I have to get up in 6 hours - I have some serious time issues here - no over time either. life sucks sometimes!)


As a quick update for my missing It's Monday post, I reviewed Spin State - finished it the week before. I started reading Glory and Tiger Eye, but then I remembered that I had signed up for a GLBT challenge for august - read at least one book by a GLBT writer, or with GLBTcharacters. The Enchantment Emporium has both - writer and characters. As an added benefit - it's an extremely good book. But then all of the books I've ever read by Tanya Huff have been a pleasure to read.


So for the time being I've put aside the two books I've started. After this book, I will read When Blood Calls - it's releasing this week and I hope to read and review it very soon.


After THAT - omg it's September! I've signed up for 11 (at least) reading challenges and haven't really done very well on them. One of them is coming to a close on October 10th - the 2010 Countdown Reading Challenge. I still have books I need to read for 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 and 2002. I'm not feeling like I'm going to be finishing this challenge. Next year, I have to concentrate more on the older books. It's hella-easy to read new books as they're coming out - it's harder to go back and read older books....So other than books I've already promised to review, I need to concentrate on those published before 2009. Of course, if I don't finish the challenge, there's always next year. And at least I tried. I just really wanted to finish this lofty challenge.


Oh Well. Nothing is worth beating myself up over - I'll just rething my strategy next year - because of course, I'm going to do this (try this) again!

No comments:

Post a Comment