Sunday, October 4, 2009

Count Down Challenge 2009/2010

I might have already posted about this, in one of my blogs, but here it is again. I signed up to do the 2010 Countdown Challenge. That means from September 9th, 2009 to October 10, 2010 I will be attempting to read and review (for me reviewing is really just writing how I feel about a book) 55 books. BTW, I love how the challenge begins 9/9/09 and ends 10/10/10. Since 9/09/09 I have read only one book that was written in 2009, Unfinished Desires and I have already reviewed it. I am currently reading On The Edge by Ilona Andrews, which will be my second 2010 Countdown book. I am now halfway through it. It's good. I need 7 more books for 2009, and have planned to read these: (I love lists!)

2010

  1. Bitter Seed of Magic - Suzanne McLeod - coming September 2010 :)
  2. KillBox - Ann Aguirre - coming in October 2010 :) unless it comes out too late :(
  3. Magic Bleeds - Ilona Andrews - coming in May 2010 :)
  4. Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs - coming in March 2010 :)
  5. Death's Mistress - Karen Chance - coming in January 2010 :)
  6. Untitled Sookie Stackhouse - Charlaine Harris - coming in May 2010 :)
  7. Blood Cross - Faith Hunter - coming in January 2010 :)
  8. Shades of Grey - Jackie Kessler and Caitlin Kittredge - coming July 2010 :)
  9. Kitty's House of Horrors - Carrie Vaughn - January 2010 :)
  10. Hell Fire - Ann Aguirre - releasing April 2010 :)
I am very excited about the books coming out in 2010. All of those listed are on my Auto-Buy list. Lots of good reading material on it's way.

2009
  1. Unfinished Desires by Gail Godwin - read and reviewed 9/29/09 ******
  2. On the Edge by Ilona Andrews - read and reviewd 10/05/09 ******
  3. Rosemary and Rue - Seanan McGuire (currently reading)
  4. Soulless - Gail Carriger (currently reading)
  5. Betrayals - Lili St.Crow - coming soon (YEAY!)
  6. Darkness Calls - Marjorie M. Liu (bought before summer-why haven't I read it yet?)
  7. Doubleblind - Ann Aguirre - (YEAY! again) read and reviewed 11/08/09 ******
  8. Magic in the Shadows - Devon Monk (currently reading)
  9. Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett (once again...YEAY!) (and also currently reading)

2008

  1. Servant: The Acceptance - L.L. Foster
  2. Any Given Doomsday - Lori Handeland
  3. The Man With The Golden Torc - Simon R. Green (also for the Colorful Reading Challenge)
  4. Undecided
  5. Undecided
  6. Undecided
  7. Undecided
  8. Undecided

2007

  1. The Silver Ship and the Sea - Brenda Cooper (also for the Colorful Reading Challenge)
  2. Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead
  3. Steelflower - Lilith Saintcrow
  4. Undecided
  5. Undecided
  6. Undecided
  7. Undecided

2006

  1. Vicious Circle - Mike Carey
  2. Wintersmith - Terry Pratchett
  3. A Dirty Job - Christopher Moore
  4. Undecided
  5. Undecided
  6. Undecided

2005

  1. Undecided
  2. Undecided
  3. Undecided
  4. Undecided
  5. Undecided

2004

  1. A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett
  2. Blackbird House - Alice Hoffman
  3. Forever Crossed - A.Leigh Jones
  4. Undecided

2003

  1. Wee Free Men - Terry Pratchett
  2. Faerie Wars - Herbie Brennan
  3. Undecided

2002

  1. Night Watch - Terry Pratchett
  2. Undecided

2001

  1. The Last Hero - Terry Pratchett

I am going by Copyright dates on the inside pages of the books-that's the best way I can figure out how to date the books. This is also a good way to take care of reading some of the books on my TBR shelves. And when it's a more sane hour of the day, I'm going to search my shelves for books I haven't read yet that were released between 2002 and 2008. I'm sure I have quite a few.

I have three more books to read for the Colorful Reading Challenge, two of them mentioned above - but I still need to find a book for a "my-choice" color. I've been keeping my eye open but so far, the only thing that keeps coming back to me is The Color Purple, which I already read. I liked it a lot, but it was intense, and I'm not sure if I want to read it again. I tried to read another of Alice Walker's books but it was extremely depressing for me. She's a good writer, so it's a shame I couldn't take reading her other book. Of course, now I can't even remember the name of it.

Well, I have plenty of reading, very good reading material also, to look forward to in the next year. This challenge looks to be a fun challenge also.

No comments:

Post a Comment