Friday, June 5, 2009



Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

In exchange for the use of my car by my son....I charged the price of a book. Probably not very nice of me, but I really wanted this book.


I also have tried twice, so far to buy Street Magic from Borders. It came out on Tuesday. It wasn't there. I waited three days, then went back tonight. It's still not there. I guess if I want to get it, I'll have to drive into downtown and go to Barnes & Nobles to pick it up, although I hardly go into town.

My next decision- which book am I going to read? I've been waiting to read quite a few books, but haven't yet...mainly because Magic in the Blood came out and I HAD to read that one. Books that are waiting for me to finish reading them...

  • Red Headed Stepchild Jaye Wells, halfway through it
  • Close Encounters by Katherine Allred, on third of the way through
  • Eve of Darkness by S.J.Day, a quarter of the way into the book
  • Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland, read the first chapter (pretty good)
  • Blood Noir by Laurell K Hamilton, halfway through, all the dialogue keeps slowing me down

Books that I am waiting to start (I know I'll finish them once I start them), partial list;

  • Magic Strikes, by Ilona Andrews (must be savored)
  • Undone by Rachel Caine
  • Embrace the Night by Karen Chance
  • Curse the Dawn by Karen Chance (I'm really behind with this series)
  • The Demon's Librarian by Lilith Saintcrow
  • Hunter's Prayer, by Lilith Saintcrow
  • Steelflower, by Lilith Saintcrow
  • Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong
  • The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong
  • Doomsday Can Wait by Lori Handeland
  • and now, Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
Some books I started, but can't yet force my self to finish:

  • The Accidental Sorcerer by K.E. MILLS
  • Stardoc by S.L. Viehl
  • Queen of Dragons by Shana Abe

I don't know why I can't finish the last few, the plots are good, the writing - especially by Shana Abe- is excellant; I'll pick the book, or books up, start to read them, then get distracted to something else. If a book seriously interests me, then not much distracts me, except work, sleep and my grandchildren.

I have been forcing my self to finish Laurell K Hamilton's Blood Noir. I made the mistake of buying it, so I am being stubborn about finishing it. I don't like to dis and author on the internet, but I am glad I didn't pay hardback price for this book. In fact, I wish I still shopped at used book stores. Unfortunately, the used bookstores in my area are far away from my house; and I'd rather buy new anyway- it's a whole tactile thing, I like the feel and smell of a new book.

I also have quite a few books by new (to me, anyway) authors that I am waiting to read at some point. These include;

  • Amazon Ink, Lori Devoti
  • Tekgrrl, A.J. Menden
  • City of Pearl, Karen Traviss
  • Night Child and
  • Flash of Hex, both by Jes Battis
  • Dancing with Werewolves, Carol Nelson Douglass (there are two newer novels out now)
  • Magic Lost, Magic Found, Lisa Shearin (also has sequels out that I don't own -yet)

These lists show a few things:

  • I'm a little list-obsessed
  • my BADD is going strong
  • I have a huge TBR pile, these are only some of the books on them
  • I am greedy for books (I want more)
  • I can't stop messing around with font colors
  • I might be a little weird.......nah

Well I have the whole summer- okay, really two and a half months- to catch up on all the books I have to read. I think my TBR pile has exceeded 75 books. I also have quite a few books that I wouldn't mind re-reading; Terry Pratchett books, Devon Monk books, Ilona Andrews books, and Lilith Saintcrow's books. Those are always worth reading and re-reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment