Sunday, April 19, 2009

updated reading goal

At the beginning of this year I had decided to give myself a goal of reading/finishing 30 books this year. I believe that I am almost halfway to my goal already. I guess giving myself a goal and deciding to blog about has really helped me to focus (even though I don't think anyone actually reads this blog!)

I love to have lists of stuff, (not a lot of stuff, mainly things to do with books - so I am going to attempt a list of the books I have read so far this year. I will give each book a completely arbitrary rating of one to six stars {*};
  • one being the worst, I really couldn't finish it
  • two not much better, I had to force myself to finish the book
  • three, not that good, not horrible, just not impressed with the book
  • four, a decent book, but could be better
  • five, I liked it a lot I would recommend it to others and will read other books by the writer of this one
  • six, I loved the book, I would recommend it to others, am looking for other books by the author, and this author will be on my "auto-buy" list, wish I the book were longer.

So here are the latest books I've read since January 1, 2009;

  1. Magic to the Bone - Devon Monk *****
  2. Demon Bound - Meljean Brokk *****
  3. Island of the Sequined Love Nun - Christopher Moore ******
  4. The Summoning {YA} - Kelley Armstrong *****
  5. Remember Me? - Sophia Kinsella *****
  6. Bone Crossed - Patricia Briggs ******
  7. Mona Lisa Blossoming - Sunny ***
  8. Mona Lisa Craving - Sunny ***
  9. Unclean Spirits - M.L. Hanover ******
  10. White Witch, Black Curse - Kim Harrison *****
  11. Strange Angles {YA} - Lili St. Crow ******
  12. Pride - Rachel Vincent - *****
  13. Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand - Carrie Vaughn *****

I am currently taking part in a book challenge, a color in the title book challenge. The challenge can be found here: http://imlostinbooks.blogspot.com/2009/01/colorful-reading-challenge.html The challenge is to read 9 books with a color in the title, then review the books. There are six required colors, and three are free choice colors. It looks like a fun challenge, so I'm using one book that I read in March and five other books that I now have. The books I am using are:

  1. Blue Diablo - Ann Aguirre
  2. RedHeaded Stepchild - Jaye Wells
  3. The Man in the Golden Torc - Simon R Greene
  4. The Silver Ship and the Sea - Brenda Cooper
  5. White Witch, Black Curse (for black) - Kim Harrison
  6. White Fang - Jack London (maybe)
  7. undecided
  8. undecided
  9. undecided

the first six listed are the required colors. I need three other colors, I haven't decided which colors. I'm open for suggestions - especially for urban fantasy or science fiction.

All you have to do is read, review, post, and let the host at "I'm Lost in Books" know your link.

No comments:

Post a Comment